Saturday, June 19, 2010

Female horror movie villains
They are the products of the male-dominated horror film industry
Most of these female villains are sluts.
Maniacal killers dressed in sexy lingerie because men find that so very appealing
Or if the villain isn't a slut, she's a crazy old lady
It disgusts me

The lack of sex appeal is made up for with the use of fear
That I understand
What I don't understand, is why the crazy old lady never comes up on top
She's always beat down and defeated by a group of men.
Even those slutty, fucking beautiful female villains are always defeated, with the exception of Jennifer from Jennifer's Body

I understand and appreciate sex appeal, but I don't encourage using it to set stereotypes
I know that stereotypes have already been set for female horror movie villains
But these stereotypes must not be supported and encouraged.

No comments: