Saturday, December 5, 2009

I felt like I had to give it a plot
I would include more fluff, because I love fluff
But this is just a short piece to give the story direction
Also, I was having title trouble, so I'm just calling this chapter Chapter 3 for the time being

Chapter 3
Seth Clearwater/Jasper Hale

"Seth. Seth!" Sam's sharp voice jolted the young man out of his own world and he fell off the fallen log he was sitting on, "Are you alive?".

Seth blinked twice. He looked up at Sam towering over him.

"Yeah, yeah, I am. Circle the perimeter with Jacob. I heard." Sam looked unconvinced. What was Seth to do? He stood up and walked towards the rest of the pack, to where Jacob was waiting.

"You ready?" he asked.

"I guess." In fact Seth wasn't ready at all. The last thing he felt like doing was running around as a wolf. He phased, and got a head start, but Jacob was fast, he caught up with him barely a mile into the scouting. Seth kept his mind clear of Jasper whenever he phased into a wolf. He didn't want the rest finding out about the both of them.

They finished soon, and phased back. Seth walked off silently, deep in thought and happy he could finally think about Jasper, but Jacob soon caught up again.

"So, who is it?" Seth's heart nearly stopped. What was Jacob talking about?

"Huh?"

"Don't act dumb Seth. It was obvious you've imprinted ever since you started shutting yourself off. So, who is it?" He didn't just hear Jacob say that. He felt his insides squirm and coughed.

"Some, girl," he managed to squeak out.

"Girl?"

"Yeah, some girl."

"Okay." They walked in silence for a while. Seth's head was throbbing, he wished Jacob would just go away.

"What's her name?"

"Her name?" A name, a name, Seth had to think of a name.

"Megan."

"Megan?"

"Yeah, Megan." Once again with the awkward silence. Seth couldn't stand it, or Jacob.

"How come I've never seen-" Seth cut across Jacob.

"You have seen her before."

"Oh."

The leaves crunching under their feet held a stead rhythm to them, it made it easier for him to think. He wanted to tell someone, and Jacob was right here. He knew how Jacob had felt about Bella, he was bound to understand. But it had come as such a shock to him, he couldn't trust Jacob to not tell anyone, especially the rest of the pack.

"Jacob?"

"Yeah?"

"There is no Megan, and I haven't imprinted on her."

"Oh. Okay."

"But I have imprinted on someone." They stopped. Seth sat down on the cold forest floor and Jacob followed suit.

"Promise me you wouldn't tell anyone, not even the rest of the pack."

"There are no secrets in a pack."

"But this is a really big one." Oh man. He was going to have to say it, now.

"I imprinted on Jasper." Silence. He heard a giggle, from Jacob.

"It's not funny" Jacob practically rolled on the ground, howling with laughter while Seth just stared.

"You're gonna wake up everyone in La Push!" Jacob got himself together quickly.

"I can't help it! Do you know how many times Jasper had crossed your mind in the past hour? You're lucky none of the other's have phased."

"Do they know?"

"They don't suspect a thing. But I saw you two a few days ago in the forest, you two might want to be more careful about where you choose to fool around." Seth stared at him.

"You're not..freaked out or anything?" Jacob laughed again

"No, but if you've really imprinted on this guy, it's the first I've heard," he said.

"I don't know if I've imprinted, I mean you only feel it once, how would I know?" he asked. Jacob stared at the forest ground for a while, obviously very much immersed in his own world before looking up again.

"You've seen the way Sam feels about Emily, even outside of his mind, and how Quil feels about Claire. You'll feel that way. That's how you know." He continued staring at the ground.

"Oh." Seth looked down at the spot Jacob was staring at. A trail of ants were moving across the ground and he sat there watching them for a while as well, before he decided to ask something he was always curious about, but never got to ask Jacob.

"Have you ever, felt that way about Bella?" Jacob still continued to look at the ground and Seth thought he would never answer, but he soon did.

"I thought I did," and with that he stood up, making to leave, clearly ending the conversation. Seth stood up as well, and walked behind him silently until they reached town.

"Jacob, you won't tell the rest about this whole, imprinting thing will you?" Jacob looked back at him with his hands in his pockets and managed a small smile.

"I'll take it to the grave." With that he left, walking off into the distance.

No comments: