Friday, July 18, 2008

I went to Peace Haven today
It was very nice:)
We interacted with the old folks, sang them songs, spoke to them and such
One particular lady, really, it was touching

I went up to her
She was reading a children's book
With bible stories

So I went up to her, and read a story to her
It was the Nativity Story

Then she put her hand on my cheek, and her smile was very grandmotherly
I read to her another one :D
Then I had to leave, to talk to more old folks
And when I left, I was really sad
She reminded me of Amy, who was also very nice to me


Then I talked to another one, who told me my face was very nice:D
Such a compliment:D
Yay!
One the way back to school, Nivethitha told me about the elderly lady I read the story to again
She said that when I left to talk to others, the elderly lady had tear running down her cheek
I feel really, very guilty...

But...

I think, the assignment Mdm Yeoh gave us
I have done a good job
I have helped someone
And it feels very nice:)

Other things too for me to talk about
ENGLISH LESSON for example..
I have found out I am very very weak at summarising my own work
Because some parts are so nice I feel bad if I cut them off
And I was pissed:(

I sought Adelia's help but everytime she cut something off, I pressed control-Z to get it back
Adelia is a good person, she helped me summarise but to no avail:(


So then I was reading out my Formal Letter in an Irish accent,
I have succeeded in learning the Irish Accent:)
And then I was reading, and Adelia was laughing
I did not know why...
But then suddenly I felt someone lean over my shoulder
And it was the teacher :o

Never again will I use the irish accent without looking around first

So, in the end, I sought Mr Poon's help to summarise the letter
And he ruthlessly cut off the needless (but nice) parts of the letter
So now for Draft Two of the letter, I need not rack my brain:D

Although..for Literature
The Macbeth parodies on my blue tagboard are funny:D
Credits to Adelia too
:)

No comments: