Friday, January 9, 2009

Taken from Perezhilton.com
The Dirty Secrets Behind Barbie and Ken



The creators of the famous Mattel dolls had some sexy secrets to keep!

According the new book Toy Monster: The Big, Bad World of Mattel, Jack Ryan, the designer who made Barbie popular was a "full-blown seventies-style swinger" with "a manic need for sexual gratification." Back in the day, Ryan would host several orgies at his Bel-Air mansion.

He was also married a few times, once to Zsa Zsa Gabor, and was described as surrounding himself with "busty Barbie clones."

He also dated Gwen Florea, who was the "voice of Barbie" in a line of talking Barbie dolls. In the book she says, "He once said to me he loved me being tall so he could stick his nose in my boobs when he hugged me."

A friend of Jack Ryan was quoted in the book saying, "When Jack talked about creating Barbie . . . it was like listening to somebody talk about a sexual episode, almost like listening to a sexual pervert . . ." Ryan apparently would even take "calls at Mattel from a madam" and would often hook up with one "very thin and child-like" hooker.

The dolls were named after the children of the Mattel founders, which was an honor that plagued Ken, who "grew up embarrassed and humiliated by having an anatomically incorrect boy doll named after him . . . [with] no hint of genitalia." Ken was also a closeted gay, who was married with three kids, and later died in 1994 after suffering from AIDS.

Inneresting stuff!!!

I still like Barbie I do
I've got this unhealthy obsession with dolls
But this is very disturbing to me

Jeffree Star is performing for Warped Tour 09'
He better come down for Singfest
I'll keep a lookout for bright pink hair
The So Fierce acoustic is hot

No comments: