Monday, September 14, 2009

The VMAS have happened
It was so sad Tokio Hotel wasn't there this year
Automatisch is the Song of the Week at the Portuguese radio station 94fm by the way
Last year they won Best New Artist

But this year Lady Gaga won Best New Artist for her video Poker Face
She also won Best Art Direction and Best Special Effects for Paparazzi
I loved the feathered dress she wore to the VMAs
It was very decent, which is very unlike her
But I swear, it was so glittery and cool.

And one other Artistes who won that many Awards was Beyonce
She won Best Editing, Best Choreography, and Video Of The Year for Single Ladies
I didn't even think the video was that great
The Justin Timberlake Sunday Night Live parody was nicer
And Maybe Joe Jonas and his dancing
He is a Jonas Brother after all.

And Green Day also won three awards
They won Best Rock Video, Best Cinematography, and Best Direction for their video 21 Guns
I haven't even watched the video
I don't even know more than 6 Green Day songs
But I'm happy for them, and glad a video that was actually nice won three awards.

And Britney of course won best Pop Video for Womanizer
She has to be happy, it's her comeback single after all
It's her son's birthday today
Happy Birthday Jayden James Federline

Also, being a closet Taylor Swift fan, I hate the fact that Kanye West had to come onto stage and steal her light
Taylor won Best Female Video for You Belong With Me
And he came on stage and completely dissed her during her acceptance speech
I don't care if he apologized to her on his blog or whatever, she's almost half his age
He's such a Kris.

I was a bit disappointed about the new single from the New Moon soundtrack
Meet Me On The Equinox by Death Cab For Cutie wasn't bad or anything
It just wasn't as good at the first single for Twilight, Decode
Hopefully the rest of the New Moon soundtrack matches up
I don't want New Moon to have a horrible soundtrack.

Although the extended trailer was amazing
Of course I was a horrible person and watched the leaked version first
But still, I love it
I can't wait to watch the movie
November 20th better come fast

No comments: