Friday, October 23, 2009


Today was like many other days
And, I'll say it again
Sometimes, I hate my race so much I feel so horrible.
But only sometimes, most of the time I don't even care
But after school, I thought Jie'r how to do eye makeup to make her eyes look bigger

I was so happy that I wrote a 10 page long play
But then I researched how long scripts were supposed to be, and they're supposed to be 140 pages long for a full length play
I told Rosie I wanted to do backstage stuff for the Rebellion play and she said she was glad to have me, and also said I was missed because I didn't come for a long time, which was so nice of her
I didn't do well for the end of years so I'm not letting myself audition for a role

I guess, you don't really think about death until you're faced with it
And today, Me, Jie'r and Si hui saw a life ending in front of us
I mean, he was just a pigeon but it was still a life, and we named him Bobby
But he was dying, and twitching, and we couldn't just leave him there alone with no one.
We spent about 50 minutes there by the road trying to get him to eat or drink something, and shading him from the sun

He twitched, and tried to fly and everything but nothing happened
And he faltered so badly
But my heart only broke, really into two when I saw a tear come out of that poor pigeon's eyes
And I realized how much pain he must have been in
He tried to fly but every time he just, nothing happened.

We brought it back to school to get help
And bloody hell, we got the least amount of help we could have gotten
They sent us to wash our hands and just put Bobby in some box
We don't care if we get bird flu, if we did we wouldn't have been trying to help
I just didn't want to see Bobby die.

They took Bobby away in a box
And now I don't know what has happened to him
If he's alive, or gone, or if he's still in pain
We tried out best, but I guess our best wasn't good enough to save him
I just hope we gave him something he probably never got, which is love from people.

No comments: