Sunday, October 19, 2008

I've been drowning my sorrows in Cartoon Network cartoons
I like, Courage the Cowardly Dog
I've been changing alot this year
And, if you look at me from last october and now, i'm not the same person

Why I write all these I do not know
And maybe it is to persuade myself that i'm still myself
But I don't want to change
And there is so much I want to do
But I keep having the feeling that I have so little time

And I keep wanting to be something a little more special
And when I get to that standard I just want more
But school, i'm really stupid and sorry to say
It's not my first priority
Well, most of it

I only come to school for english and literature and art lessons
And to see my friends, and to gather inspiration
And just so I would have something to do
But if you took away me being able to write a book
Or me being able to entertain an audience
I'm really nothing more

And, I really don't want to study anymore
I don't have any motivation
If I could, I would leave school as soon as possible
It never was because I was'nt one of the smart people
And the only reason why i'm still here is because all Singapore cares about is paper and certificates and degrees and diplomas

People said being different was nice
So I thought that too, and I was okay with being different
But then I as I got older I realised that I needed someone like me that I could talk to
Because, well, I can't find anyone like me

And if you talk about Singapore, I will cry
Because you should know how much I hate this place
Don't say I should think of myself as fortunate because people out there are dying
Because i'll say that those people ought to be fortunate that they we're not born as animals
And I really, honestly feel like i've been born in the wrong place, in the wrong time, to the wrong people

This whole blog post is nonsense
And i've been temporarily made to feel better by Jimmy Urine, lead singer of Mindless Self Indulgence
He takes someone's iPhone, calls their mom, and tells her that her daughter has been eaten by zombies

No comments: