Sunday, March 9, 2008

Darn, there’s not much Gingerbread recipes
And I’m not even sure if we can make gingerbread for home economics
Maybe I’ll use the recipe for the base, and then fill it with some sort of nonsense
But I love Gingerbread


Every Christmas my grandmother makes it
We eat it with ice cream, it’s really nice with ice cream

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup unsulphured molasses
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
3-2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten

What in hell are molasses???

Over my fur and whiskers will I ever eat shellfish
Do people actually grind ginger?
And what’s the difference between baking powder and baking soda?

FAST GINGERBREAD RECIPE:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cloves
1/3 cup water

This seems easy enough
At least they don’t put in some weird ingredients
I’ll just replace the molasses with more brown sugar:)
And I’ll replace the baking soda with baking powder:)
I already have the baking powder, cloves, flour, salt, water (of course I have water), butter, and ginger
So I’m sleeping over at Xin Yi’s house on Thursday so we can practice how to bake:)

Pirates of the Caribbean is an excellent movie:)
My dad is now talking in a British accent

Jack Sparrow: Who makes all these?
William Turner: I do. And I practice with them three hours a day.
Jack Sparrow: You need to find yourself a girl mate

:D

No comments: