Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Well, I did go to Jurong East Library
And I did get some books
But none about Lewis Carrol
I've read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland too many times
Only one about Shakespeare, the only one where nothing was summarised
Because, libraries in Singapore, like everything in Singapore, only cater the majority of the population

Well, Mdm Yeoh, after showing us a dramatic clip about how Singapore had moved on and all the other big, little things it did

And then she asked us who wanted to migrate and I raised up my hand
Well, people might think that my answer does not make sense
I wanted to migrate because I did'nt feel at home here
I don't understand the attitudes of Singaporeans at all

Everything here does not make sense to me
And, I go back to the case about libraries
They cater to the majority of the population, everything does
Well, basically they save money by getting things that the majority of the population could use, and neglect those that only a small part of us do

And that does not only apply to Literature

Half the books i'm interested in and I read I get them at speciality bookstores and online stores
And Marilyn Manson has inspired me to be a screenwriter
So now, i've lost complete interest in becoming a zookeeper

And my choices are, to be a Shakespeare scholar, a playactor, a screenwriter, and philosopher
So I think that's the way I will go
Because dad tells me that I have to settle on what I want to be

But, enough about me,
I researched more on Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carrol
And, Marilyn Manson tells us it's not going to be so much of a horror movie
But more of a psychological movie
I will help you
It means, it's not a screamer

A screamer is something like, The Ring
Shock the people, not scare them
But, since it's a psychological movie
You'll be scared by the things you imagine, because of the things you see

What you don't see is the scariest he says

Marilyn also said he would be the first to use a new camera, and that he's going to go all the way to make the film, even if it means doing things that are illegal
But i'm not so certain the movie will be permitted in Singapore theatres when it does come out

Once example, the twins Tweedledee and Tweedledum, which are two characters
Will be played by two real twins, who will be having real sex that will be filmed and used for the movie
Pray tell me how conservative Singaporeans will allow that
Nevertheless, I will watch that movie


And I watched Constantine yesterday
It was fine

One thing though, I love Gabriel's home
And, I will live in a home like that when I get older:)

No comments: